Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

So, this little confessional could simply start out as an apology to the blogging gods for falling flat on all the stories left untold.  Yet to do so would assume that what I write is something someone would miss.  And really, a little humility goes a long way... 

And, I'm not really sure that going on about my confidence issues or the little PTSD moments that find a way to surface or acknowledging the demons that still live in my brain are even remotely interesting anymore.  You see, even I grew tired of their presence... 

So, no apology..  just a picture...

Used with permission - Spotted Vision Photography
This is the moment, our first competition together, that I realized that I was riding Maisy...  really riding Maisy and not the ghost of my beloved Wild Thing (may she rest in peace).

I was galloping cross country on a horse who sees the world as a curious place.  Her body held eager anticipation of fun and of the joy of jumping da jumps. 

There was no fear, nor were her ears on high alert for danger.  She was happy to be outside on a beautiful day and looking for the jumps. 

I started the course with tense anticipation, worried about whether I could balance her or if she would jump me out of the tack in a green moment and I wondered what I would do if she stopped.  I worried out of habit.  For ten years, I had to have my honey badger grrrrr going on to convince Sug that cross country schooling was fun and that the zombie apocalypse would not happen over a jump.

That smile says it all.  The door has opened wide and I can't wait to gallop through!

Used with permission - www.connecticutphoto.com
So, our start for recognized events will be next year.  The Happy Young Professional has done an amazing job teaching Her Greyness the eventing ropes.  She still has some serious green moments that need some aging.  Like jumping off a Novice bank like its the Head of the Lake.

I believe there will be a schooling horse trial in October on my radar...  Yeah, I think that would be good!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Everything about this makes me SO happy! So glad to see a post from you again, too!

emma said...

You guys look fantastic in that galloping shot! Awesome to hear the partnership is really clicking :)

Hope said...

I understand this more than you will ever know! My spook monster has tourned into a fourth level dressage horse where he shines with nary a fence to worry about jumping! As for that schooling event, I am looking at that one too! Maybe we will meet up again! Best of luck to you and Maisy.

redheadlins said...

Yay, I love this!!!

Cricket said...

I miss you when you don't write. And the pics are amazing.

Equine Mum said...

Hey your super equestrian blog is Haynet Blog of the Day! Come and take a look: http://www.hay-net.co.uk/latest/9914/haynet-blog-of-the-day-confessions-of-an-aa-event-rider-and-convicted-over-thinker