Tuesday, January 13, 2015

WORKING FOR A LIVIN'

Wow, that was an amazing vacation and one that seems like ancient history.  Two whole weeks of just doing what I wanted to do, mostly when I wanted to do it while surrounded by family and friends.  It was a magical time so, so long ago in a distant galaxy. 

Fighting doesn't help
Enter the Polar Vortex and a return to work filled with chaos and change.  I wonder, where is my sense of peace and utter calm?  Where are the delightful moments riding my lil' pinto pony?  Where is that life of routine filled bliss?   Oh where art thou?  Oh where art thou?

So for those of us who really do know me, I am a Facebook junkie.  Bring it on!  Today, someone posted (and I shared) the following "peace/love/charity" statement:

The kissable nose!
"Everything in life moves in its own rhythm and in its own time." 
 
And, James Van Praagh added, "When you resist change, you are trying to hard to control the outcome and not paying enough attention to the process.  Enjoy the cosmic dance of life and its changes. When making changes, always seek the higher vibrations of love, peace, joy, patience, and abundance."

Somehow, that little post eased some of the craziness of this new year.  Sugar is happy, content and well cared for at the Lil' Country Barn.  And, if weather and work make it difficult for me to achieve my goals, I must remember the pleasure of just smelling the sweet scent of her very kissable nose and the real satisfaction of grooming the white coat clean.  And, how good it feels to the both of us to curry an itchy spot with her body leaning in for more.

Ah, its winter.  The weather is cold and work is hard...  I can stay with this or move graciously into the higher vibrations of what I can do and not what I can't...  The choice is mine...

{{{{I think I'll go to the barn and buy lottery tickets on the way home!}}}}

1 comment:

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

I should put both of those quotes somewhere where I can read them multiple times per day. It would do wonders for my control freak, raging type A personality!