Friday, July 1, 2011

"BRING OUT YOUR DEAD"... FWIENDS... LUF DEM!

Only the soulful look of a hound truly
 captures the depth of my gratitude
There was a time in my life, just after I moved to Massachusetts and leaving my bustling Irish Catholic family behind, I was sure that if I died in my apartment, the body would be left unnoticed for days.  So sure was I that I started calling my Dad everyday assuming that IF I didn't call one day, he would send someone to check on me.  (OK, I needed some help back then dealing with my "issues".)

It's been almost a week since the "incident" where I tried to meld my left side into a tree at Groton House Farm Horse Trials.  The injuries are not permanent - 4 rib fractures and bruising/swelling in areas that do not make a girl feel pretty.  I will be back in the saddle in 4 weeks and jumping in 6.

Let me really get to the point,   I am humbled today and overwhelmed by the goodness of people... friends and acquaintances...  YOU ALL are teaching me truly and completely what it is to be a friend.  I am truly grateful and lucky to know you...  Thanks! 

There are a vast number of people that have made me smile, made the pain and disappointment easier to deal with.  And this does not count all of you who have visited, called, writtened, FaceBooked...  no it does not.  I am a lucky girl and it is pretty clear to me today that I will never die alone, that folks are there for me when I need them.  I do not need to fear that I will ever be the Cat Lady.

I opened a card today and it's message was simple and well timed. 

The front said: 
"Never, never, never, NEVER give up.  (Winston Churchill)"

The inside said:
"I'll never, never, never, NEVER stop cheering for you."

Thank you all!   I hope that I am or become the great friend you are to me!   Thank you all!

I'll be back by Fall 2011... Then, let the games begin!!!
Photo used with permission - http://www.flatlandsfoto.com/

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I read your blog and I missed your account of the HT. I just went back to read it. Wow, what a wreck. And broken ribs are the pits, I am so sorry to hear about this. Take care of yourself and heal up quick. Groton House will be there next year.

eventer79 said...

Aww, yay! I still wonder if my cats will eat me someday, ROFL, but hey, I'd hate for them to go hungry! I'm shooting to get back in the game this fall too and have informed Solo he better get busy healing along with me! I'll be raising a beer to Fall 2011 today and thinking of you!!

Boss Mare Eventing said...

Keep up the positive attitude!