Wednesday, July 3, 2013

LIEBSTER LIBATIONS


Yay me!  It appears that my blog has been nominated by fellow bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award.  "What is the Liebster Blog Award?" you say.

The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
  • Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  • List 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  • Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  • Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  • Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them. 
So here goes:

11 Random Facts About Me
  1. I am a Scorpio.  Basically no matter how hard I try to be light and funny..  I tend to be dark and intense... 
  2. I love filling out questionnaires and surveys...  I think its the completer in me. 
  3. After getting involved with Pandora beads, I decided never to buy jewelry that you collect pieces over time...  You see, I'm a completer and now have two very full Pandora bracelets.
  4. I had breast cancer 8 years ago and am now considered cured.
  5. I am against the whole Pink concept for breast cancer and the fund raising tactics used.
  6. I am addicted to coffee and proud of it
  7. Advil remains my drug of choice.
  8. My foxhound Chandler is the love of my life (sorry Jonah, you are a very close second)
  9. I spend a lot of time "buying" my current barn and making up grades so the plans are in place for the big lottery win!
  10. I have 7 siblings - 6 brothers and 1 sister.  I can hold my own in an argument.
  11.  I am passionate about horses and would love to do the "horse thing" full time and of course,

The Questions Asked of Me:
  1. Get up early to ride, or stay up late? - Both.  Although my work schedule makes me a night person.
  2. What do you do for a living?  I'm an Insurance Consultant in Employee Benefits industry.  I do have a BS in Ag Science from Cook College/Rutgers University.
  3. What do you wish you did for a living?   Managing my own Equestrian Center with a healthy lesson program and amenities like yoga to help us be better riders and humans.
  4. If you could try any type of riding what would it be?  Nothing. I'm happy Eventing... it gives me three things to work at and a bunch of ways to get eliminated
  5. What is one thing about your horse you wish you could change?  I wish she were less spooky, less Mariah Carey...  
  6. If you could change your horse's name to anything (registered or barn) what would it be?  Her registered name is Fame and Frolic and her barn name is Sugar.  Never thought about her registered name and LOVE her barn name.  
  7. Facebook, Tumblr, or Instagram?  Facebook.  Don't know Tumblr, and really don't know much about Instagram either.
  8. Ebay, Craigslist, or Tack shop?  Tack Shop - I like to support those entities that support my sport.
  9. If you could take on the life of any character in any TV show or movie, who would it be?   Ghost Whisperer.  I love that she talks with the dead and helps folks move on. 
  10. If you had an unlimited budget, what type of car or truck would you buy?  I would want a 4 horse trailer with a dually to pull it. 
  11. If you could move to any part of the world, where would it be?  England or Ireland with visits to New England and VA Hunt Country. 
This was fun!  Sending thanks to the following blogsters who nominated me:
 
http://galsandhorses.blogspot.com/ Amy writes a fabulous blog - witty and interesting
 
http://tbeventer.blogspot.com/  Monica writes about life and eventing... cutting edge
 
http://dangerbunny.blogspot.com/ - Writes a great blog about horses, motherhood and living life to the fullest
 
http://mylifeonhorses.blogspot.com/ - Emmi is a new blog for me and a new part of the country...
 
And I would like to do the same and nominate the following blogs:
 
http://www.shemovedtotexas.com/ - this blog may have more than 200 followers.  I couldn't validate.  I do like her style
 
http://horsecountrychic.blogspot.com/ - Love this blog - horses, fashion, travel and news!
 
 
For now, I have to stop at 3...  there are others but apparently, it's to hard to find their URLs.
 

No comments: