|Let the games begin!!!|
So, um, I hate perky people... well, I did hate perky people. You know the type... "Hi, how are you! Isn't the day beautiful! What a lovely outfit you have one! OMG! I just stubbed my toe and oh, how it hurt but on a positive note, I stubbed it on a box of quarters! I know it's raining but think of how beautiful the grass will be and the flowers... oh my!"
Yup! I hated those folks... Until, one day, I actually heard myself. Please don't hate me, I'm one of them! Or, if you do... embrace your own perky self! Woot! Woot!
There is sooo much going on and I am sooo filled with good energy that I feel like I'm high... Ok, if my family members read this, I don't really know what that feeling is like and, if they don't... remember I grew up at a time... well... best leave this unstated, if you know what I mean. So, let me get these perky thoughts out before I explode:
|Sugar, GHF 2009 - |
Stephie Baer - Rider
Me one day!
- City Barn life is fabulous! Sugar is enjoying her vacation as just one of the many fancy dancy ponies. And when I say many... we went from three barn mates to 45. I believe that the "competition for attention" has made her even more puffed up which has given me some beautiful lengthenings and more cowbell in her trot.
- Grrrrr is coming back! Riding with the kind, patient City Barn Instructor in a group lesson is really helping with my head issue. And my new co-lessoner has a beautiful, rhythmic, no-fuss event horse that helps me calm the savage beast within. Alone, waiting for my Snowbird Trainers to return would not have produced the same results.
- Cursing like a sailor does not work as well in the City Barn! (Yes, mom... I do need work in this area... you raised me right-environment changed me.) My mantra when Sugar was naughty jumping was, "You will jump this effen jump!" Note to self - a big NO NO in a barn with a kids program.
- Watching other fancy, dancy ponies go ups my game. I see, I learn! Simple as that! (Poor Sugar!)
- My Bestest Eventing Buddy - a full member of the Dunkin' Donuts Event Team, just bought a new pony and she's coming to the City Barn. The 2012 Eventing Season has so much hope and promise that I can not stop smiling!
- Today, I ride in a dressage clinic with a BIG NAME TRAINER. I am psyched!
On this Sunday morning, I am fully embracing my perky self! It's all good and I am so glad to be a part of that!