Tuesday, February 1, 2011

REMEMBERING A GOOD MAN

I love this song.  The words carry me to a place filled with his memory...

If I could steal
One final glance
One final step
One final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
Cause I'd love love love to dance with my father again


I'll never forget that day.  As a daddy's girl, my heart broke...  I never thought I could smile or laugh again...  Then the sun rose, all of us together and I realized, he raised us right...  just like him.  Filled with Life, filled with the joy of laughter and we reached for each other to love and comfort.

No one owned my dad, he was so much a part of the universe...  each of us, in his eyes, was special and not in the short version.  He was hungry to connect with us, to hear about our day and about our latest adventure.  Not one of us... neither brothers or nor sister claimed him...  his spirit was that big. 

If you've ever read the book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, you know what I mean when I say that a moment with my dad, touched you.  I would watch how he interacted with kids...  how he commanded their respect and how, when earned, he gave it to them back.  They grew tall in his presence and giggled at his teasing. 

I wonder sometimes who he met in heaven...  what story in his life was the most important to others.  And, that always leads back to me...  living a life filled with hope, laughter and joy and moving gently to the next adventure no matter how small is his legacy I choose to call my own....

Thanks Pop!
(James C Adams 12/1/30 - 2/3/05)


No comments: