Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DOESN'T THE USEF KNOW I HAVE A SHOW...

I am but a very small fish in the grand scheme of Eventing. I know and accept my place. Dreaming for me is mostly about goal setting and harboring a secret desire to be THERE. The fun thing is I really don't know what THERE is for me... yet. (Hmmm, more on that some other time.)

Really, why doesn't the United States Equestrian Federation check with me to find out what my show (and work) schedule is before releasing the Rolex Three Day Event dates. (For you non horse folk... it is the Superbowl of American Eventing).

Right now, the Wednesday before the opening of Area 1's (and my own) Eventing Season, my focus is torn between what is happening at Rolex and building up my annual horse show nerves. It is driving me batty! I keep flipping to www.EventingNation.com to get the latest scoop... Really, doesn't the USEF know I have a show?

And, there will be live coverage everyday on www.usefnetwork.com. Live coverage that I will not be able to watch LIVE because I work and I have a show. It's killing me... Hundreds of thousands of my closest eventing buddies will be watching it live, texting each other great tidbits, chatting online about that movement, that jump, that horse...


{{{{SIGH}}}}... Hmmm, wait... just wait a minute... Seriously, I have a show! Last year, Sugar was still suffering the consequences of a trailering incident and could not be trailered safely. And we missed most of the summer season after she fractured her splint bone. I entered and scratched so many shows that I truly felt that I was a major contributor to the USEA for all the $25 fees I paid to do so.

Sugar and I are competing this weekend. Yes, the same weekend that all the major horses and riders are competing at Rolex in Kentucky. How great is that...

Maybe, I'll catch it all on DVD... maybe!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Fun fact to add... Rolex was one of the top things discussed at UNH... And those of us with iPhones at least knew the scores... I wanted live and I wanted scoops... Sigh... next year I'll be ther!