Wednesday, February 29, 2012

OOO, OOO, OOO... ME! ME!

Teacher, teacher ... ooo, ooo, ooo .... Pick me!  Pick me!!!  Do you remember those days... way back when...  you wanted to be the smart one, the clever one...  the teacher's star?   Ooo, oooo, ooo...  pick me, I know that answer!  I know it! Me! ME! ME!  Oh, how I wanted to be that kid... 

Just sit up a little more, please?
Used with permission (http://www.flatlandsfoto.com/)
So, I am about to remove my Eventer garb and slowly, meticulously dress myself in the oh, so, chic dressage apparel.  For Sunday and Tuesday will be the days that I clinic with Niall Quirke - Grand Prix Dressage Champion, a trainer who works for the Equestrian Federation of Ireland, who has trained many Dressage, Eventing and Showjumping riders to the upper levels and is also the dressage and showjumping flatwork coach for the Irish Army School.  Another benefit to a the City Barn.

And here lies the "problem"...  um, uh...  well, Sugar and I have.... um, uh, well...  been just a lil' bit pre-occupied with jumping and, well... um... can someone remind me what a 20m circle looks like?  And, well... um, what is the difference between a working trot and a medium trot?  And, the cantering lengthening...  what about that?  OMG!  I have forgotten everything in my quest to find the GRRRR...

Sug looking good...
And, as the day draws closer, I worry...  about what I'll wear, whether I'll look like a Dressage Rider, if Sugar will be clean enough...  and, then I know, for certain...  that I am normal!  OK, as normal as the Double Wide Short Bus can be on any given day. 

"They" say Niall Quirke is a gifted clinician...  And, if I remember correctly, going to an expert is all about learning and finding things that can be tweaked for a better performance, a better feeling horse and a better equipped rider. 

I think I'll leave the impressing to someone else... 

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Your trot in the first picture looks amazing! Great extension!