Thursday, August 4, 2011

COOING CONTENTMENT... AHHH....

"If you never chase what you want, you'll never get it. If you never ask, the answer is always no. If you never step forward, you'll always be in the same place." ~ Nora Roberts
Gates Pond, Berlin/Hudson MA

Contentment is the goal of a good life.  As a word, it doesn't imply riches, having things or even doing stuff but offers a sweet richness felt deeply in your soul.  It's heart felt and good...

So why am I all aflutter with the grand esoteric concepts of life?  (And why am I using such big words?) 

I used to be one of those people who believed in the power of the word NO.  I said it often and even, kind of, built my early career/reputation by being able to say it well to others.  What I never saw was how often I said it to myself or how tricky a self-stated no can be when said by a self proclaimed optimist. 

One day...  one year...  I said YES and chased a dream until it became reality... who'd thunk?! 
Da Boys makin me
happy

It may be winter Sugar
but she looks content!
Today, I walked my two boys - Jonah (aka The Convict) and Chandler Bing (aka The Lil' G-Pirate) at the crack of dawn... just me and the boys traipsing around the most gorgeous reservoir as the sun rose.  Tonight, I will ride Sugar (aka, Princess, Diva, Saccharin, or Fame and Frolic).  It will be a quiet one, but soon, I will be cantering again, then galloping, then jumping and then, life will be as it always is... on the road again... taking the next step towards more adventures.

Attitude is everything.  I plan to dream the big dreams...  and, then take those steps, no matter how small, forward.  When I see it as such, the possibilities are endless.  I believe that to be true!

Note:  Nora Roberts quote was taken from a "friend's" Facebook page.  It inspired me...

No comments: